Hammond, Louisiana is full of great things to do, especially during the fall AND if you don’t have back pain. We’ve compiled a list of FIVE things that are fun to do in Hammond, La this fall if you don’t have back pain.
1. Southeastern Football GamesThe Lions play all of their home games in Strawberry stadium. SELU’s campus is beautiful during the day and roaring at night! Games are family friendly tickets are rather inexpensive. Most home games are on Saturdays. Don’t forget to sport your green and gold while attending!
The Lions Football Schedule
2. Global Wildlife Center The Global Wildlife Center is a safari park located in Folsom, Louisiana. Folsom is a hop, jump and skip away from Hammond, Louisiana. At The Global Wildlife Center, you can feed the animals from your safari truck, soak up some vitamin D and (maybe) snap a selfie or three with some cool animals.
Global Wildlife Center Information
3. The Renaissance Festival The Renaissance Festival is located off River Road at a park in Hammond, Louisiana. The park is themed after 16th century England and does NOT disappoint the avid “Renaissancer.” Those partaking in the festivities are encouraged to come dressed in costume, check out a LIVE jousting and/or carding wool and enjoy the whole family fun event! The Renaissance Festival opens November 4th and runs every weekend until December 10th.
4. The Cajun Country Corn Maze The Cajun Country Corn Maze is located right outside of Hammond, Louisiana in Pine Grove, Louisiana. The Cajun Country Corn Maze is a GREAT family event for those weekends when the weather is perfect and the kids need to burn off some energy outside. The maze is full of twists and turns and, from an overhead view, is in the shape of a picture depicting local news stations, Kleinpeter brand and the phrase “Bee Happy.” Saturday evenings in October are reserved for “haunting.” You can still partake in the “non-haunted” portion of the maze should you have company that isn’t into that sort of thing, but for the thrill seekers there is a haunted portion to the maze. No flashlights, no assistance, just you, your glow stick and the boogeyman! Check out the Cajun Country Corn Maze this season for some family fun!
5. Downtown Hammond, Louisiana Downtown Hammond has a lot to offer, not to just college students. This fall Downtown Hammond is slated to offer Farmers Markets, holiday themed nights, plus so much more. Downtown Hammond is full of shops, restaurants and other fun activities to do outside of the house!
In closing, if you do not suffer from back pain, these activities and establishments are (in our opinion) some of the best in the area